Jesus joined Williamson and Rusnak in 2012. His primary focus is overseeing and managing the BP Settlement claims. Jesus has helped countless clients recover damages in the BP claims process.
Jesus earned his law and master’s in business administration (MBA) degree from the University of Houston. While at the University of Houston, Jesus was a Ventura Scholar, awarded the Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence and was one of six students to be awarded the Distinguished Service Award.
Jesus was born and raised in Houston, Texas. He is an avid sports fan and currently plays soccer in the Houston Toros’ league.
UNIVERSITY of HOUSTON LAW CENTER, HOUSTON, TX
- Juris Doctorate: December 2011
- Activities/Honors: Distinguished Service Award
- Ventura Scholar
- A.A. White Dispute Resolution Center – Advanced Arbitration Skills
- Completed 40 hr. statutory required mediation training
UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON, C.T. BAUER COLLEGE of BUSINESS, HOUSTON, TX
- M.B.A., December 2011
- Activities/Honors: Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence
TEXAS TECH UNIVERSITY, LUBBOK, TX
- B.B.A., December 2006
- Activities/Honors: President’s List 2005
- Dean’s List 2005 and 2006
- Beta Gamma Sigma 2006
- WILLIAMSON & RUSNAK, HOUSTON, TX
Attorney/Claims Supervisor: August 2012 to Present
Develop multiple Excel models to help facilitate the calculation of compensation under the terms of the Deepwater Horizon Settlement Agreement.
Work directly with senior attorneys to assure an overall efficient claims operation.
Identify problems, alternatives, and recommends solutions to the claims process.
Supervise claims personnel in their work to ensure that claims are calculated accurately.
Assist civil litigation, including development and review of damage models.
- DONOVAN WATKINS, HOUSTON, TX
Tier 1 Document Reviewer, April 2012-August 2012
- TEXAS CONSUMER COMPLAINT CENTER, HOUSTON, TX
Consumer Advisor, June 2009 – April 2012
Researched law applicable to consumers’ issues, including landlord/tenant, Deceptive Trade Practices Act, and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
Communicated with approximately 1,000 consumers and advised them of their legal rights.
Helped implement a new data system to track Hurricane Ike issues.
- JP MORGAN CHASE, HOUSTON, TX
Licensed Personal Banker– Series 6, 63, and Group One Life Insurance, March2007 – August 2008
Identified customers’ financial needs and recommended appropriate products and services.
Acquired, retained and expanded new and existing client base.
Actively managed relationships with customers to assure a high level of customer satisfaction.
LICENSES, BAR MEMBERSHIPS, AND COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS
- Commercial and Consumer Section of the Houston Bar Association, Secretary
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association