Amy grew up in southern Nevada before going to the University of Houston.
After receiving her bachelor’s degree, Amy decided the best way to be of service to others was through law. Amy earned her law degree from Ohio Northern University, Pettit College of Law, graduating fourth in her class. While there, she was an editor of the Ohio Northern University Law Review.
After admission to the practice of law in 2006, Amy handled a variety of first and second chair litigation experiences. Amy joined Williamson & Rusnak in 2012 to assist in their civil litigation docket.
OHIO NORTHERN UNIVERSITY COLLEGE of LAW, ADA, OH
- Juris Doctorate with High Distinction: May 2006
- Rank: 4th in Graduating Class
- Honors: Ohio Northern University Law Review: Editor
- Book Award for Top Grade in Class: Federal Courts; Immigration & Nationality Law; Labor Relations Seminar; Legal Profession; Property 1
- Dean’s List: Fall 2003; Spring 2005; Fall 2005; Spring 2006
- Dean’s Scholarship Recipient
UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON, HOUSTON, TX
- Bachelor of Science: Political Science; Minor:Sociology:May, 2003
- WILLIAMSON & RUSNAK, HOUSTON, TX
Associate, Litigation practice for both plaintiffs and defendants, including work on the BP Class Action Settlement docket. 2012-Present
- BOWEN LAWYERS, HOUSTON, TX
Associate, Litigation practice for both plaintiffs and defendants: including research, first and second chair, mediation and arbitration experience. Transactional practice: including research of corporate structures, drafting confidentiality, non-compete, joint venture and collaboration agreements. 2008-Present
- TARA ENERGY, HOUSTON, TX
Staff Counsel, Regulatory and compliance counsel, dealing with governmental monitoring focusing on the Texas Public Utility Commission and the Electric Reliability Council of Texas. Developed and implemented employee training program with the human resources department. 2007-2008
- BOWEN LAWYERS, HOUSTON, TX
Associate, Litigation practice for both plaintiffs and defendants: including research, first and second chair, mediation and arbitration experience. Transactional practice: including research of corporate structures, drafting confidentiality, non-compete, joint venture and collaboration agreements. 2006-2007
- OHIO NORTHERN UNIVERSITY LEGAL TRANSACTIONAL CLINIC, LIMA, OH
Intern: Represented (pursuant to the Supreme Court of Ohio Legal Intern rules) non-profit organizations, with a focus on deed and title work; transactional matters pertaining to the formation of corporations including tax status and by-law drafting; and, trademark registration. 2005
- THE WB! TELEVISION NETWORK, BURBANK, CA
Intern for the Office of the Executive Vice-President & General Counsel Contract review and revision. Legal research on administrative law (FCC and FTC), self-regulatory bodies (CARU) and statutory law as applied to the corporation, children’s broadcasting, copyright, clearance, indecency, and partnership law. 2005
- UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT, COLUMBUS, OH
Judicial Extern for the Honorable Gregory L. Frost, Southern District of Ohio.
Drafted bench memoranda on topics, including: the admissibility of evidence, arbitration, hearsay, interest rates, and temporary restraining orders. 2005
- Brimley Law Office, FINDLAY, OH
Research Assistant, Legal research on family law, probate and real estate law. 2004-2006